The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 comes with a shiny new OS and is more focused on health tracking than ever before. This article goes into detail about the charging issues with the Galaxy Watch 4 and how you can fix them.
If you have an older Tizen-based Samsung smartwatch, we recommend that you visit our original Samsung Galaxy Watch Issues & Solutions Hub.
Before diving into more detailed troubleshooting guides, make sure to follow the steps below. Often, you can fix the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 problem simply by restarting the device. The same is true for any device.
- Make sure your Galaxy Watch 4 and smartphone have enough charge. They do not have to be full, but we recommend at least 80% battery life to avoid power issues.
- Restart your smartwatch and smartphone before taking any other action. This will give you a clean slate and fix any minor issues.
How to fix Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 charging issues?
Have your most prominent Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 charging issue? The wearable uses wireless charging to top up its battery. But like any other device, this process sometimes encounters some problems.
- Make sure your watch charger is wall-mounted and plugged in.
- Check for any damage to the watch’s charger or charging cable. If so, use a different charger or cable if available. You can also try using it if your phone has reverse charging or wireless power share.
- Do you suspect that the wall plug could be a problem? Check if any other devices are working on the specific plug.
- Make sure the back of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and its charging dock are clean and free of the trash.
Now, if none of these simple solutions solve your problem, if your smartwatch has some reserved battery life, try rebooting it before trying to recharge it. As a last alternative, you may need to perform a factory reset on your Galaxy Watch 4.
- To do this from the watch, go to Settings> General> Reset. Press Reset again to confirm.
- If your watch still does not charge, you should take it to Samsung for a diagnosis.
Try out some different solutions for your Galaxy Watch 4!
If your Galaxy Watch 4 is charging slowly or warming up, try switching it to Airplane Mode while it is still on the dock. This closes any active connections, removing some load from the device.
- To do this, swipe down from the top of the watch to access the Quick Settings panel.
- Tap on the Airplane icon.
Note: If your watch still warms up in Airplane Mode while in the charging dock, contact Samsung. This could be a hardware error.
( via )