System updates are so important for privacy and security, and the app updates are usually more about bringing new features and cleaning up software bugs. Occasional updates are a good idea to enjoy each app to the fullest.
Interestingly you can also download the apps on your smartwatch. Samsung Galaxy Watches, especially the Galaxy Watch 4 are compatible to download a lot of applications so you can easily use them for different purposes without even picking up your phone from your pocket.
To be mentioned, the Galaxy Store doesn’t just update phone apps. It can even update the apps on your smartwatch. You can update the watch’s app using the connected phone or on the watch itself if it was set up without a phone.
Only the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 series runs WearOS 3, where the company has made a lot of changes, whether it’s related to the watch’s software update or their app updates. There’s a lot of difference between updating the old Galaxy Watch apps and the Galaxy Watch 4 apps. Here, in this article, I’m going to show you both.
How to update apps on Samsung Galaxy watch
Update Watch apps with an Android phone
- Make sure your phone and watch are connected.
- Navigate to and open the Galaxy Store.
- Tap Menu (the three horizontal lines) >> Updates.
- Select the Watch tab >> tap Update all to download all available updates.
- The Watch tab will only appear if you’ve connected a watch to a phone and the Galaxy Wearable app.
- To download individual updates, tap the Update icon next to the app.
- When you open the Galaxy Wearable app, you may see an update notification. You can update your apps this way as well by tapping View update, and then tapping Update all in the upper right corner.
Update watch apps with an iOS phone
- Make sure your iPhone and watch are connected.
- Navigate to and open the Galaxy Watch app on your phone.
- Tap the Home tab >> Apps.
- Swipe to and tap Manage apps.
- Tap the app you’d like to update.
- Tap Update.
- The Galaxy Store will open.
- Tap Update again to confirm.
- From the Apps menu, you can also enable Auto-update and App update notifications if desired.
Update from phone
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on a paired smartphone.
- Enter the Settings.
- Tap Apps to see all installed apps.
- If any updates are available, the apps will be shown at the top with an update button for each.
Note: Make sure the device you’re using is connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data.