Adds on the smartphone screen make everyone irritate and ruin the user experience as well. Even the Samsung latest One UI 4.1 improved Dynamic Lock Screen has this issue these Ads and pop-up banners appear on the One UI 4.1 lock screen.
To be mentioned, this is not a fault of Samsung as it does not place ads on your home or lock screen. Ads are common in pre-downloaded apps. Sometimes, you see ads on your lock screen when you are not even using your mobile.
Additionally, Samsung smartphones come with lock screen services, which are basically advertisements on the lock screen. Apart from showing advertisements, Samsung Glance also promotes applications and games. Even if this feature isn’t annoying for some, it takes over the set wallpaper to show its own content.
Luckily, the company itself provides some ways to disable these ads from your phone’s lock screen. In this article, we will show you how to remove ads from your Samsung One UI 4.1 Lock Screen.
Newly downloaded apps can cause ads:
If you recently started seeing ads on your Samsung lock screen, it’s likely that a newly downloaded app is to blame for the suspicious activity. You can easily view recently activated apps and uninstall them using Play Store. To do this:
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Tap on your Profile logo.
- Enter Manage apps and devices.
- Tap Manage.
- Tap on Installed >> Sort by Last Used.
- Among the most recently used apps, select an issued app and tap Uninstall to get rid of the application.
Flashlight, battery optimization, or weather apps tend to cause advertisements on the lock screen. Try to delete these types of apps first and see if the problem persists on your mobile device.
Report inappropriate ads to Google:
Google Play policy states that the app must not contain deceptive ads or ads that cause inconvenience. Ads may only appear within the app being offered. In general, ads shown within the app are considered part of the app. Therefore, the ads displayed in the app must comply with all Google policies.
In case you have identified the app with inappropriate ads, you can report it to the Play Store. To do this:
- Go to the install page for the app in Google Play Store.
- Tap on More options (three vertical dots).
- Tap Flag as inappropriate.
- Tap and hold the Home Screen for a couple of seconds.
- Enter the Wallpaper section.
- Click on Wallpaper services.
- Finally, tap None to disable the Glance service.