Google has published a new support page to provide details about the August 2022 changes to the Google Play system update. This update brings new features including dynamic theme support, new UI for autofill, Google Play billing enhancements, and more.
The latest update optimizes faster and more reliable download and installation. This has allowed you to add e-money cards to Google Pay, along with the content you support in Android Help, the Play Pass, the Play Points program, and new features in apps and games.
The Google Play System August 2022 update for developer services brings new features for Google and third-party app developers to support location and context. The company enhances the overall performance through this update by bringing performance optimizations, bug fixes, and security improvements.
For more information, you can check the full changelog mentioned below.
Google Play Store
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times
- New features to help you discover the apps and games you love
- Optimizations allow faster and more reliable download and installation
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and improvements to security, stability, and accessibility
- [Phone] This release adds link groups to GoogleHelp to give users detailed help instructions from apps.
- [Phone] Adds support for Material 3 dynamic color in Android Help
System management and diagnostics
- [Phone] New settings screens provide better visibility into and control over the functionality of Google Play services on your device.
- [Phone] New UI for AutoFill
- [Phone] Allows users to add new eMoney cards to Google Pay to pay on transit and in stores in Japan
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support
- Location & Context-related developer services in their apps
- Updates to system management services that improve security and stability.
( Via )