Samsung One UI 4.1has a lot of new customizations that allow you to have some nice facilities, such as checking why the keys on your Galaxy smartphone are not working properly?
What if you are unable to adjust the sound on your device, using the volume key, or turn off your device with the Side Keys. I am sure many of you have faced or been facing this problem.
Today, we will discuss how to diagnose this issue. To fix the problem you first need to know whether it’s a hardware issue or software issue. First of all, you need to identify and do a physical checkup of your Samsung Galaxy smartphone case, or might be any foreign debris is blocking the key from being pressed. Then secondly check for new software updates available.
Follow these steps
- First, go to Settings
- Select Software Update
- Tap on Download and install and follow the on-screen instructions
After checking for Software updates if the problem still persists, you can give the device to the Samsung service center but before that, you should go for a diagnostic by yourself.
- Open Samsung Members on your smartphone. It comes preinstalled on your device.
- Select Get Help
- Select View Tests
- Select Buttons and follow the on-screen instructions
- If an action is required message will appear on the screen, such as we recommend you to visit our service center.
If the Samsung Member App is unable to identify the hardware issue with the keys. Try resetting all the settings to give it a fix. If this also does not work then follow the steps, as shown below.
- Go to Settings
- Select General Management
- Choose the Reset option
- Tap on Reset all Settings, then
- Finally, click on Reset settings. (Do not worry, your data will not be deleted)
This primary diagnostic can help you a lot, in identifying the cause of the above problem, so that you can easily give it a fix. If the issue still persists, you can visit the nearest Samsung Care facility.