Today, Samsung started to release the second One UI 5 Watch Beta update. Samsung consumers having a Galaxy Watch 5 or Watch 4 in the US or South Korea can now download the new firmware. The Beta 2 update, which contains the implementation of your valuable feedback is available now.
According to the info, the second One UI 5 Watch Beta carries a PDA build version ending ZWF4. The update brings fixes to various issues including laggy UI for a while after powering the watch on, broken Samsung Pay, battery drain, and other functional errors.
For the Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 4 Classic users, Beta 2 adds “bicycle riding exercise” in the items of “Auto Exercise Recognition.” These improvements will make a positive impact on the overall user experience, while new features will open more ways of health tracking.
What’s new in the Second Beta
- An early sluggish issue after “Power On” is improved partially
- Fixed an issue “Samsung Pay” can’t use for a while after OS updating
- Fixed the issue of fast battery consumption
- Added “Watch4 bicycle riding exercise” in the items of “Auto Exercise Recognition”
- In addition, a number of improvements are reflected
How to download Beta 2
Do note that only FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) is supported for updating the latest beta software. Be sure to back up important data before updating.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app → Galaxy Watch → Watch settings → Watch software update → Download and install