Nowadays everyone uses a password to keep their smartphone safe from the reach of unwanted people with the developed technology password has also modernized especially in Samsung smartphones.
The Samsung Smart Lock is a feature that automatically unlocks your phone by recognizing different signals. By setting this up, you can keep your phone unlocked when you are holding it or at a specific time or place.
However, you can switch back to regular security in public easily. Here is a quick look at how you can use Samsung Smart Lock and how to set it up on your Galaxy phone running on Android 12 One UI 4 version.
The Smart Lock feature on your Samsung smartphone offers a whole host of different functionalities, hence allowing you to use it in plenty of situations.
- Keep your phone unlocked while it is in your pocket or bag. Just unlock it once, and it’ll stay unlocked as long as you’re carrying it.
You can add a location where you want your phone to stay unlocked. If you have a Home location defined in Google Maps, it will immediately be available as a trusted place. To add another place:
- Tap Add trusted place
- Search for an address or browse the map.
- Tap Select this location to add it to trusted places.
- Samsung Smart Lock Trusted Place
- You can add a trusted Bluetooth device such as a smartwatch and earphones. And when your phone is connected to these devices, you will not need to enter your passcode to unlock it every time.
How to set up One UI 4 Samsung Smart Lock?
- Head over to the Settings of your phone.
- Enter the Lock screen.
- Tap on Smart Lock.
- Enter in your device passcode.
- Smart Lock will only be available if your Galaxy device has a passcode set.