Back in February 2022, Google introduced the Android 13 operating system on the Developer channel. The company is almost ready to launch the new OS version later this year, most probably in September.
To receive the latest update, we’ve plenty of Galaxy devices confirmed to get the Android 13. Well, the Galaxy S22 and the upcoming foldable lineup will be the initial receivers of One UI 5 Beta and Stable.
Samsung Android 13 Beta
Last year, Samsung started the Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta program for the Galaxy S21 series in late August. Therefore, we can expect the same treatment for the Galaxy S22 series sometime in late July or early August.
- Galaxy S22 series — Late July
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 — Early August
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 — Early August
- Galaxy S21 series — Mid/Late August
Samsung Android 13 Upgrade
Just a month after the release of the Public version of Android 12, Samsung started distributing the One UI 4.0 update to the Galaxy devices. This year, the Korean tech giant is likely to boost the Android 13 rollout by October 2022.
- Galaxy S22 series — October
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 — November
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 — November
- Galaxy S21 series — November
- The One UI 5.0 Device List is based on Samsung’s upgrade policy and official statement.
- One UI 5.0 will be based on Android 13 OS.
- Galaxy S22 to get One UI 5 Beta/Stable first.
Update 1: Google has started the Android 13 Beta program for the Pixel smartphone users, bringing the Beta 1 update over the air.
- At the Google I/O 2022, Google announced the expansion of its Android 13 operating system to various non-Pixel devices, however, Samsung is excluded from the list.
- The Android 13 Beta 2 is available for various devices, while we are waiting for July to get the One UI 5 upgrade on the Beta channel.
- Google has now seeded the Android 13 Beta 2.1 patch for the eligible Pixel smartphone users via OTA. It comes with regular improvements and system stability for a better user experience.