Today on 6 May 2022, Qualcomm Technologies announced its new and capable WiFi 7, which is Qualcomm’s third-generation Networking Pro Series. This technology will be available from today onwards to its global development partners commercially.
Qualcomm’s new Pro Series is the world’s highest-performance Wi-Fi, which is commercially available for the first time. Build upon the multi-generation legacy that combines Wi-Fi 7 features along with Qualcomm’s latest technology.
This Multi-channel management technology provides, improved speed, lower latency, and enhances network utilization for the Wi-Fi 6/6E devices, offering spectacular game-changing throughput.
“Qualcomm Technologies has enabled the era of 10Gbps Wi-Fi and has provided first-time delivery for the Wi-Fi 7 Networking Pro Series”, says its Vice President and General Manager, Wireless Infrastructure and Networking, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Pro series platform delivers Wi-Fi infrastructure capabilities across the home and at the enterprise level. The Quad-band is a multi-link operational, highly scalable, and optimized structure.
The new innovation provides a content-rich wireless experience despite the constrained environment. The new benchmark enables peak aggregate wireless capability of 33Gbps, along with reliable performance.
The technology when combined with 5G internet wireless access technology facilitates with immersive connected experience including high-resolution video conferencing, AR/VR, and high-performance gaming.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 1620 – Quad-band, 16-stream, 33.1Gbps wireless, for homes mesh system
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 1220 – Tri-band, 12-stream, 21.6Gbps wireless capability for enterprise and home mesh
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 820 – Quad-band, 8-stream, 13.7Gbps peak wireless, and home mesh capability
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 620 – Tri-band, 6-stream, 10.8 Gbps for enterprise, small and medium business gaming, and home mesh
Major highlights of the Network Pro series
- Enables the connectivity across 2.4GHz, 5Ghz, and 6GHz spectrum
- Increased support for Wi-Fi 7, 320MHz channels
- Ultra-low latency
- High-speed real-time gaming, streaming, and video sharing
- Multi-link technology enables to divert the of customer traffic
- Avoids wireless interference
Qualcomm is an American multinational corporation founded in July 1985, 36 years ago, and a leading technology innovator headquartered in San Diego, California. It manufactures semiconductors, software, and wireless-related technologies.
Qualcomm is enabling a world where everybody can be intelligently connected including 5G-enabled smartphones that double the performance of the pro-level camera, gaming device, smart vehicles, and more.
The company is behind and inside the innovations that deliver significant value across multiple industries to billions of people every day. Qualcomm with all its efforts provides the connected intelligent edge regularly.