The Samsung Galaxy smartwatch transforms your look into an elegant, standardized look. In addition, your smartwatch is your companion on your journey towards a healthier you. The refined design adds sophistication to the wrist, and the luxurious martial arts express powerful and intuitive functions.
As time goes the smartwatch drops there performance due to heavy commission results you think to sell it, but there is a way to get rid of the latency, lagging, and low performance in easy steps.
You can try with the factory reset of your Smartwatch despite this difference, the factory ret process is almost identical. Below you can check the steps mentioned to guide you on how to reset your smartwatch.
Take a backup of your smartphone first, here’s how!
- Open the Wearable app on your Galaxy phone
- Click on Watch settings, then the ‘Accounts & Backups’ section.
- Make sure the correct Samsung account is connected, then tap Data Backup.
- Select the settings and apps you want to back up
- Tap the Backup button. It takes a few seconds to make a backup
Here’s How to factory reset your Samsung smartwatch
- From the home screen of your Tizen smartwatch, swipe left twice to go to the app drawer. Swipe down on your Galaxy Watch 4 to open the Quick Settings window.
- Click the Settings icon and scroll down until you find General. Tap.
- Scroll to the bottom to find and click the Reset option. You will be prompted to confirm your selection. Tap the checkmark to reset your Tizen Samsung smartwatch or reset it on your Galaxy Watch 4.
Galaxy Wearable app factory reset
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your smartphone. Make sure your watch is connected via Bluetooth.
- Once connected, click Clock Settings and find the General section.
- Select Reset from the displayed options. Tap Reset.